The following will allow you to operate the BDI21 V-Tone Bass Driver DI to its full potential:
1. Connect your bass to the input of the BDI21 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
2. Connect your amp to to the output of the BDI21 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
3. Connect the Bal. Out of the BDI21 to the mixing console using a standard microphone cable.
4. Use the DRIVE control to adjust the amount of gain and overdrive.
5. Use the PRESENCE control to boost the upper harmonic content for a smoother high end and attack.
6. Use the TREBLE control to govern the high frequency range of the signal (+/- 12 dB).
7. Use the BASS control to boost/cut the low frequency range (+/-12 dB).
8. Use LEVEL control to adjust the overall volume.
9. Use the BLEND control to adjust the amount of tube emulation.
As always, experiment with the controls until the desired effect is achieved.