The following will allow you to operate the BSY600 Bass Synthesizer to its full potential:
1. Connect your bass to the input jack of the BSY600 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
2. Connect your amp to the output jack of the BSY600 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
3. OPTIONAL: Connect a secondary amp to the DIR OUT jack of the BSY600 using a 1/4" instrument cable to split the dry and effected signals.
4. OPTIONAL: Connect an expression pedal to the EXP jack of the BSY600 using a 1/4" TRS cable.
5. Use the DIRECT control to to adjust the level of the dry signal.
6. Use the EFFECT control to adjust the level of the synthesized effect.
7. Use the RES control to adjust the strength of the of the low-pass filter frequency peak.
8. Use the FREQ control to adjust the low-pass/all-pass filter frequency which cuts the high frequencies and therefore determines the upper and lower limit of the frequency range the filter moves along.
9. Use the DECAY/RATE control to adjust either the LFO speed that modulates the the amplitude of the filter frequency or to set the time over which the filter frequency moves, depending on the mode being used.
10. Use the MODE control to select one of 11 synthesizer modes with 4 different waveforms.
As always, experiment with the controls until the desired effect is achieved.