The following will allow you to operate the SM400 Super Metal to its full potential:
1. Connect your guitar to the input jack of the SM400 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
2. Connect your amp to the output jack of the SM400 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
3. Use the LEVEL control to adjust the overall output volume.
4. Use the LOW control to adjust the low frequency range.
5. Use the HIGH control to adjust the high frequency range.
6. Use the DIST control to adjust the amount of distortion effect and the length of the resulting sustain.
As always, experiment with the controls until the desired effect is achieved.