Connecting X32's via AES50
How to setup X32 in FOH + MON config to where FOH outs come out of MON console to speakers.
One way to do this:
- When using 2 X32s together as you described, the console that has the Mics physically connected to it is the one controlling the gain (in your scenario, this would be the monitor console).
- The FOH console would have a digital trim of + or - 12dB.
- To assign the FOH Main Output to the outputs on the Monitor desk takes a few steps.
On the FOH Console:
1. On the ROUTING menu, go to the "analog out" tab. Assign your Main LR to Out 1+2.
2. Tab over to the "AES50" tab (use A or B depending which AES50 port you are using on the FOH console)
3. Route "Out 1-8" to Outputs 1-8.
On the Monitor Console:
1. First you need to bring the signal in from the AES50 stream before it can be re-routed to the console's outputs.
2. Go to the "home" screen of the ROUTING menu.
3. The last column will allow you to bring AES50 into Aux 1-4.
4. Now, tab over to the "analog out" page.
5. Chose the outputs you wish to use for Mains, and assign them to DirOut Aux 1 and DirOut Aux 2.
6. On this same page, you can assign the mix busses from your MON console to the appropriate outputs.
|Product Category||Digital Mixers|
|Keywords||X32, digital mixer, FOH, monitor, AES50, routing, outputs, inputs, aux|