2. Press the GATE switch in the PROC (process) bank until the display shows the GATE menu page for the selected channel.
3. Use master controller 1 (the knob, which can also be used as a switch, to the far left under the display) to select 'SELF/SUM' as the KEY for the gate. With this default value the input signal is also the signal used to determine the amount of gain reduction.
4. Use master controller 2 (to the right of controller 1) to set both the ATTACK time and the gate THRESHOLD. Turn the controller to edit the values of the selected controls (surrounded by a dotted line), or press it to switch to another parameter. Set the ATTACK to '20MS' (the time the gate needs to open completely), and the THRES. (threshold) to '-40dB'.
5. Use master controller 3 to set the RELEASE time (the time the gate needs to 'close' completely) to '150MS' and the RANGE (the amount of gain reduction applied when the gate is 'closed') to '-35dB'.
6. Use master controller 4 to define the HOLD time as '80MS', which is the length of time that the gate stays 'open' after the signal has dropped below threshold. Use master controller 6 to switch the GATE to 'IN' if it isn't in that position already, so that you can see the graphic display of your settings.
7. Press the COMP (compressor) switch in the PROC (process) bank or the NEXT switch (to the right of the display) to access the COMP menu page.
8. Use master controller 1 to select 'SELF/SUM' as the KEY signal.
9. Use master controller 2 to set the THRESHOLD to '-40dB' and the ATTACK time to '20MS'.
10. Use master controller 3 to set the compression RATIO to '8:1' and the RELEASE time to '300MS'.
11. Use master controller 4 to set the KNEE (the compression curve at the threshold) to 'hard' (all the way to the left), and the makeup GAIN to '+10dB'. If needed, use master controller 6 to switch the COMP page to 'IN' so that you can see the graphic display of your settings.
12. Press the GATE or COMP switch in the PROC (process) bank or use the PREVIOUS or NEXT switches next to the display to access the DYNAMICS LIBRARY (LIB) page.
|Keywords||DIGITAL MIXER DDX3216, Fully Automated, 32-Channel 16-Bus, Channel, INPUT, EQ, Equalizer, LOW EQ, MID EQ, HIGH EQ, GAIN, Dynamics processing, Compressor|