The original Line 6 POD has 36 presets, divided into 9 BANKS with 4 PRESETS each. In this guide, we?ll use the FCB1010 in DIRECT SELECT mode to call up PRESET C in BANK 3 on the POD.
FCB1010, Line 6 POD, and one MIDI cable
Connect from the FCB1010 MIDI OUT/THRU to the POD MIDI IN
Preset selection with DIRECT SELECT disabled
1. Reset all presets on the FCB1010 by holding footswitches 1 and 6 while powering up. The display will show numbers that cycle from 0.9 to 00.
2. Press and hold the DOWN switch during a second power-up to enter the GLOBAL SETUP mode. The green DIRECT SELECT LED will be lit up. If footswitch 10 is lit up, press it to turn it off, and the FCB1010 will be set for use in DIRECT SELECT disabled mode.
3. Press the UP switch to go to the next level, and the green MIDI FUNCTION LED in the GLOBAL CONFIGURATION portion of the display will start to flash.
4. Press footswitch 1. The LED for that footswitch will flash and 01 will appear in the display.
5. Press the UP switch and the green MIDI CHAN LED will light up.
6. Press footswitches 0 and 1, so that 01 appears in the display.
7. Press the UP switch again to confirm the chosen MIDI channel.
8. Press and hold the DOWN switch until 00 appears in the display, and you will have left the GLOBAL SETUP menu.
9. Set the POD to respond to MIDI channel 1 if it isn't already.
10. To select BANK 3 PRESET C on the POD, use the BANK UP and BANK DOWN switches to make 0 appear in the display (to select Bank 0), then press footswitch 10 to select preset 10 within that bank.
Here is an example of how the presets accessed from the FCB1010 correspond with the BANKS and PRESETS on the POD:
FCB1010 / POD
0 / BANK 1 PRESET A
1 / BANK 1 PRESET B
2 / BANK 1 PRESET C
3 / BANK 1 PRESET D
4 / BANK 2 PRESET A
5 / BANK 2 PRESET B
6 / BANK 2 PRESET C
7 / BANK 2 PRESET D
8 / BANK 3 PRESET A
9 / BANK 3 PRESET B
10 / BANK 3 PRESET C
11 / BANK 3 PRESET D
|Product Category||MIDI Controllers|
|Product||MIDI FOOT CONTROLLER FCB1010|