For this guide we are using the Ampkit 2.2 App on the Behringer iStudio202 with an iPad 3. We have connected a midi cable from the MIDI Out/Thru on the FCB1010 to the MIDI input of the iStudio202. This programming and connection method can be used for all MIDICC compatible devices and software.
3. Hold the DOWN/ESCAPE switch until the green LED in Preset Configuration starts flashing (this is preset programming mode).
4. Press the UP/ENTER to get to the next page. The SELECT LED in the display lights up.
5. To program a MIDI function, you have to first activate it. Individual MIDI functions are activated by keeping the corresponding keys pressed for a few seconds. Active MIDI functions (which are labeled at the top of each footswitch) are indicated by permanently lit footswitch LED. For this scenario we need to program control change 1 ('CNT 1' which = CC value 1) to toggle the amp on/off in the Ampkit App.
6. Press FOOTSWITCH 6 briefly, the LED will then flash. This is to edit the first CC value of the preset, it is labeled as 'CNT 1' on the footswitch.
7. Press UP/ENTER to confirm your selection. The NUMBER LED in the display lights up. This refers to the CC value. Using the numbers on the footswitch enter the CC value you wish to add. In this case we are using 14.
Ampkits amp function requires a CC14 message at 00 velocity to toggle OFF, to toggle ON it requires a CC14 message at 127 velocity. We can easily do this using the CNT 1 and CNT 2 functions on the FCB1010
8. Press the UP/ENTER switch to go to the VALUE 1 page. Using the FOOTSWITCH numbers set the value you require in this case we set velocity at 127 which will turn ON the amp in the AMPKIT App. Then press UP/ENTER to confirm.
Then we follow the same steps again but for CNT 2 (CC Value 2) this time, the only difference is we add a velocity of '0' instead of 127, this means for one click of the footswitch (when in normal operation mode) the FCB will send a CC 14 message at 127 velocity, then the next click of the same footswitch will send a CC 14 message at 0 velocity, therefore it will toggle the amp to turn ON and OFF in the AMPKIT App.
9. To program CNT 2 (control change value 2) press FOOTSWITCH 7 whilst on the 'SELECT' page, the LED will then start to flash. *(Remember you can use the 'UP/DOWN' footswitches to select the different edit pages 'SELECT' / 'NUMBER' / 'VALUE 1' / 'VALUE 2')*
10. Press UP/ENTER to confirm your selection. The NUMBER LED in the display lights up. This refers to the CC value. Using the numbers on the footswitch enter the CC value you wish to add. In this case we are using 14.
11. Press UP/ENTER switch to go to the VALUE 1 page. Using the FOOTSWITCH numbers set the value you require in this case we set velocity at 00. Press UP/ENTER to confirm.
12. Hold DOWN/ESCAPE footswitch to return to standard operation mode.
13. Bank 0 Preset 5 is now sending an ON/OFF CC 14 message to AMPKIT which toggles the amp on and off.
You can use this method to program any CC Value to any of the 10 Footswitches you wish to use.
|Product Category||MIDI Controllers|
|Keywords||Midi, CC, Control Change, CNT 1, CNT 2, program|
|Product||MIDI FOOT CONTROLLER FCB1010|