The following will allow you to operate the UP300 Ultra Phase Shifter to its full potential:
1. Connect your guitar to the input jack of the UP300 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
2. Connect your amp to the output jack of the UP300 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
4. Use the MODE switch to toggle between negative feedback (mode I) or positive feedback (mode II).
4. Use the LEVEL control to adjust the overall volume.
5. Use the RATE control to adjust the the speed of the phase shifting effect.
6. Use the DEPTH control to achieve a fuller, deeper effect sound.
7. Use the RES control to determine the amount of output signal being fed back into phaser input to increase the effect intensity.
As always, experiment with the controls until the desired effect is achieved.