The following will allow you to operate the XD300 Distortion-X to its full potential:
1. Connect your guitar to the input jack of the XD300 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
2. Connect your amp to the output jack of the XD300 using a 1/4" instrument cable.
3. Use the LEVEL control to adjust the output volume.
4. Use the CONTOUR control to modify the overall shape of the tone.
5. Use the PUNCH control to add aggressive mid frequencies.
6. Use the DIST control to adjust the amount of distortion effect.
As always, experiment with the controls until the desired effect is achieved.